Thursday, June 02, 2011

Canada v Ecaudor

I just got in from the game and still have the faint outline of half a maple leaf on my face along with a sore throat.  But it was all worth it to know that despite the Canadian contingent being small in numbers, around 500 of us in the supporters section, we were very loud in voice.  Was nice to know that along with the good folks from the Red Patch Boys and the Voyageurs we were part of motivating the Canadian team to storm back to steal a 2-2 draw.

I will be writing a longer post in the morning with my pictures and insights on the game but suffice to say it was a great experience and I would dare anyone to go to a match with crazy Canucks like I did tonight and not want to go.  For me it was my first time going to see the Canadian Mens national team play but I have been won over and will be going back for more the first chance I get.  The match was entertaining, the crowd was lively, and the team deserves all of our support.  So if you are reading this and live in the Toronto area consider yourself called out!  Next time the team are in town I expect you all to be there and I promise that you will not regret it.  Heck maybe we will even get a win!

No comments:

Post a Comment